activemq-users mailing list archives

From mjustin <>
Subject Delphi STOMP client does not receive all messages
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2007 13:01:54 GMT

Currently I am developing a Delphi / Free Pascal STOMP client for ActiveMQ.
Connecting, subscribing, sending and transaction support works very well.

However, if I send a high number of messages to the client in a short time
(using the ActiveMQ Web Console for exmple, but I have also tested the STOMP
client from Codehaus), some of the messages will not appear in the client.
My STOMP client uses blocking or nonblocking communication, depending on the
underlying communication library, with the same results.

In the ActiveMQ Console, the values "Messages Sent" and "Messages Received"
are equal, so it looks like ActiveMQ has not encountered any problems with
the message transfer to the client.

I also tried version 5 and 4.1 of ActiveMQ, with automatic and client-side
acknowledgement of the messages, with the same results.

My hope is that there is very simple reason for undelivered messages - maybe
it is just an operating system issue (Windows XP with all service packs).

Any help would be very appreciated

Michael Justin