activemq-users mailing list archives

From Michael40 <michael.e...@wincor-nixdorf.com>
Subject Network of Broker with different versions (3-4, 4-5)?
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 13:00:44 GMT

Hello,
is it possible to have inter broker communication between ActiveMQ of
different
major number releases?
I tried between 3.2.2 and 4.1.1 but I got:
javax.jms.JMSException: start failed: Read timed out at the 3.2.2 and
java.io.IOException: Wire format negociation timeout: peer did not send his
wire format at the 4.1.1 broker.

I have read that using ServiceMix it is possible to bridge different JMS
broker.
Do I have to deploy ServiceMix if I want to have communication between
ActiveMQ 3 and 4?

Regards,
Michael