activemq-users mailing list archives

From qwidjibo <qwidjib...@hotmail.com>
Subject Prioritizing message delivery across overlapping wildcards
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 18:56:54 GMT

Hi All.

I've got a problem that I'm not sure if I can solve in AMQ (I'm using
4.1.1).

I would like to have listeners active on overlapping queue wildcards. For
example, listener 1 listens to FOO.* and listener 2 listens to *.BAR.

This should be all well and good until I get the message FOO.BAR. I'd like
to be able to configure some form of precedence about which one should get
the message in that case.

>From what I've read of exclusive consumers, I think I can fake this when
I've only got one layer by making the FOO.* consumer exclusive, thus forcing
the FOO.BAR message to go to listener 1. My first question is can anybody
confirm that this will or won't work?

My second question is this: can I make this work across multiple levels. I
get the sense that consumer priorities _might_ let me achieve this, but the
documentation on those is somewhat vague.

Thanks!

Nicholas Hanssens
Platform Architect
LocaModa.com