activemq-users mailing list archives

From "david.la" <mehdi.aitouf...@gmail.com>
Subject Reliable web-service messaging via ActiveMQ
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2007 01:38:28 GMT

I'd like to use ActiveMQ to handle message between web-service.

Basically, one service is the client of another web-service. I planning on
using asynchronous message to send the request because the client doesn't
need to wait for the response. The important constraint I have is  I want it
to be reliable. I really need the action to happen. The client application
is a PHP application. The target service is a high performance web-service
written in C.

I understand that the MOM (ActiveMQ) will provide this reliability but since
I have a PHP and a C application I will probably have to use STOMP.
1/ I'd like to know how reliable is STOMP (compared to HTTP)?
2/ And if I'm going in right the direction to address my requirements?

Thanks,
david