activemq-users mailing list archives

From Martin Grotzke <martin.grot...@javakaffee.de>
Subject Re: Already acknowledged messages are sent again at server restart (duplicate messages)
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2007 13:16:22 GMT
Hello,

because I just read this in another thread:

> Also make sure the all the brokers have unique broker names.

I forgot to mention, that we have two web applications (contexts)
running in one tomcat, and both with a broker. ConnectionFactories in
both apps connect to them both with brokerUrl "vm://localhost".

Via jmx I can see, that two brokers exist, with different BrokerIds.

Is this ok so far, or might it be a possible reason for the strange
behavior?

Cheers,
Martin

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 22:04 +0100, Martin Grotzke wrote:
> [...]
>
> I have seen, that in this mailing list and in the issue tracker this
> issue has been already discussed several times, but I couldn't find
> anything that might help to track down this issue.
>
> So what are we doing? We are using ActiveMQ 4.1.1 with the jvm transport
> embedded within a tomcat and configured via spring.
>
> Mhh, more details you find below: configuration, producer, consumer,
> logs. So is anything wrong with this? Is it ok to use one session for
> two message listeners (to the same backend)? Should we use transactions?
> Should we use AativeMQ 5?
> Or what else might be the reason for the problem?
>
> Thanx a lot in advance,
> cheers,
> Martin
>

> And now the details...
>
> The broker (spring) configuration looks like this:
>
> <bean id="broker" class="org.apache.activemq.xbean.BrokerFactoryBean">
>     <property name="config" value="classpath:activemq.xml" />
>     <property name="start" value="true" />
> </bean>
>
> activemq.xml:
> <beans>
>   <bean class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>
>   <broker xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0"
>           brokerName="localhost" dataDirectory="/tmp/activemq/data">
>     <managementContext>
>        <managementContext jmxDomainName="foo.message" />
>     </managementContext>
>   </broker>
> </beans>
>

> The jmsTemplate and connectionFactory configuration is the following:
>
> <bean id="jmsTemplate" class="org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate" scope="singleton">
>     <constructor-arg><ref bean="poolingJmsFactory" /></constructor-arg>
>     <property name="deliveryPersistent" value="true" />
>     <property name="pubSubDomain" value="true"/>
>     <property name="defaultDestinationName" value="default"/>
> </bean>
>
> <bean id="poolingJmsFactory" class="org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory"
destroy-method="stop"
>     scope="singleton" depends-on="broker">
>     <property name="connectionFactory">
>         <bean class="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory">
>             <property name="objectMessageSerializationDefered" value="true" />
>         </bean>
>     </property>
> </bean>
>

> The producer code looks like this, using the jmsTemplate shown above:
>
>     public void sendSomeMessage ( final SomeSerializable someSerializable ) {
>         _jmsTemplate.send( Topics.TOPIC_1, new SomeMessageCreator() {
>             public Message createMessage( Session session ) throws JMSException {
>             final ObjectMessage result = session.createObjectMessage( someSerializable
);
>             // here is used a property that is later used for selecting messages,
>             // perhaps this isn't really required...?
>             result.setStringProperty( MessageProperties.EVENT_TYPE.name(), Topics.TOPIC_1.name()
);
> [...]
> the connection factory is this:
>
> <bean id="messageListenerContainer"
>         class="com.freiheit.shopping24.shop.message.business.impl.MessageListenerContainer"
>         destroy-method="shutdown" scope="singleton">
>     <constructor-arg ref="listenerConnectionFactory" />
>     <constructor-arg>
>         <bean class="foo.Action1" />
>         <bean class="foo.Action2" />
>         <bean class="foo.Action3" />
>         <bean class="foo.Action4" />
>     </constructor-arg>
> </bean>
>
> <bean id="listenerConnectionFactory"
>         class="org.apache.activemq.spring.ActiveMQConnectionFactory"
>         scope="singleton" depends-on="broker">
> </bean>
>
> The MessageListenerContainer looks like the following:
>
> class MessageListenerContainer {
>
>     private Connection _connection;
>
>     MessageListenerContainer (
>             final ConnectionFactory listenerConnectionFactory,
>             final Action1 action1,
>             final Action2 action2,
>             final Action3 action3,
>             final Action4 action4 ) {
>
>         try {
>             _connection = listenerConnectionFactory.createConnection();
>             _connection.setClientID( "some-client-id" );
>
>             // two sessions for two different backends
>             final Session session1 = _connection.createSession( false, Session.CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE
);
>             final Session session2 = _connection.createSession( false, Session.CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE
);

>             // send event1 to backend1 and backend2
>             registerEventAndAction( session1, Topics.TOPIC_1, action1.getClass().getSimpleName(),
>                     new SomeMessageListener( action1 ) );
>             registerEventAndAction( session2, Topics.TOPIC_1, action2.getClass().getSimpleName(),
>                     new SomeMessageListener( action2 ) );
>
>             // send event2 to backend1 and backend2
>             registerEventAndAction( session1, Topics.TOPIC_2, action3.getClass().getSimpleName(),
>                     new SomeOtherMessageListener( action1 ) );
>             registerEventAndAction( session2, Topics.TOPIC_2, action4.getClass().getSimpleName(),
>                     new SomeOtherMessageListener( action2 ) );
>
>             _connection.start();
>         } catch ( JMSException e ) {
>             LOG.fatal( "Could not start MessageListenerContainer.", e );
>             throw new RuntimeException( "Could not start MessageListenerContainer", e
);
>         }
>     }
>
>     private void registerEventAndAction( Session session,
>             Topics topic,
>             String actionName,
>             MessageListener messageListener ) {
>         try {
>             // here we have the selector on the property EVENT_TYPE with the name of
>             // the Topics enum, but I don't know if we really need this - a colleague
has
>             // written this ;-)
>             TopicSubscriber subscriber = session.createDurableSubscriber( topic, topic.name()
+ "-" +
> [...]
>     }
>
>     public void shutdown () {
>         if ( _connection != null ) {
>             try {
>                 _connection.close();
>             } catch ( JMSException e ) {
>                 LOG.error( "Could not stop JMS connection.", e );
>             }
>         }
>     }
>
> }
>
> The message listeners look like this:
>
> public final class SomeMessageListener implements MessageListener {
>
>     private static final Log LOG = LogFactory.getLog( SomeMessageListener.class );
>
>     private final SomeAction _action;
>
>     public SomeMessageListener(SomeAction action) {
>         _action = action;
>     }
>
>     public void onMessage( Message message ) {
>         LOG.info( "Got message " + message );
>         final SomeSerializable someSerializable;
>         try {
>             someSerializable = (SomeSerializable) ((ObjectMessage)message).getObject();
>             _action.performProductListAction( details );
>             message.acknowledge();
>             LOG.info( "Received message acknowledged." );
>         } catch ( JMSException e ) {
>             LOG.fatal( "Could not acknowledge message.", e );
>         }
>     }
> }
>

> Exactly these message are printed in the logs when the server is
> restarted many messages, and not only for one message, but for 1000 or
> 2000 for the last 6 days (the server was restarted 6 days before).
>
> The logs related to messaging when the server starts:
>
> [INFO ] main org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.getBroker:
> ActiveMQ 4.1.1 JMS Message Broker (localhost) is starting
>
> [INFO ] main org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.getBroker:
> For help or more information please see: http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
>
> [INFO ] JMX connector org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagementContext.run:
>
> JMX consoles can connect to service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi
>
> [INFO ] main org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.createAdapter:
> Database driver recognized: [apache_derby_embedded_jdbc_driver]
>
> [INFO ] main org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.DefaultDatabaseLocker.start:
> Attempting to acquire the exclusive lock to become the Master broker
>
> [INFO ] main org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.DefaultDatabaseLocker.start:
> Becoming the master on dataSource: org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDataSource@2dda6548
>
> [INFO ] main org.apache.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapter.recover:
> Journal Recovery Started from: Active Journal: using 2 x 20.0 Megs at: /tmp/activemq/data/journal
>
> [INFO ] main org.apache.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapter.recover:
> Journal Recovered: 1 message(s) in transactions recovered.
>
> [INFO ] main org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.start:
> ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker (localhost, ID:portal02.shopping25.easynet.de-55403-1197562278985-1:0)
started

--
Martin Grotzke
http://www.javakaffee.de/blog/