activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jordan Redner <jred...@apple.com>
Subject log4j jms appender w/ 5.0.0
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 22:17:23 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to get a log4j jms appender working with 5.0.0.

I'm using the following properties:

log4j.appender.jms=org.apache.log4j.net.JMSAppender
log4j.appender.jms.InitialContextFactoryName=org.apache.activemq.jndi.Ac
tiveMQInitialContextFactory
log4j.appender.jms.ProviderURL=tcp://localhost:61616
log4j.appender.jms.topicBindingName=myTopic
log4j.appender.jms.topicConnectionFactoryBindingName=ConnectionFactory

I created the topic explicitly via the admin interface, but I'm
seeing this error...

log4j:ERROR Error while activating options for appender named [jms].
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: jingle.finance
         at org.apache.activemq.jndi.ReadOnlyContext.lookup
(ReadOnlyContext.java:225)
         at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
         at org.apache.log4j.net.JMSAppender.lookup(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.log4j.net.JMSAppender.activateOptions(Unknown
Source)
         at org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate
(PropertySetter.java:247)

Has anyone been able to get the jmsappender working with activemq 5?

Thanks much,

Jordan