activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: looking for best practices for High Availability and guaranteed message delivery
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:07:59 GMT
I'd just like to echo what Viswanath just said - it sounds like
relying on a JDBC based master/slave is your best bet.

Note that Master/Slave is used for message replication and
master/slave failover - networks of brokers is purely about store and
forward of messages - not replication.

You may want to look at a replicated database such as Oracle RAC or
something if you want to avoid message loss in a severe hardware
failure type situation.