activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Future support for message priority in ActiveMQ?
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:19:35 GMT
On 27/11/2007, y7mn2 <tonytony1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for reply. Currently, I am not quite sure which way to go for
> prioritizing the message:
> * either using resequencer or
> * using the selector by making the concurrent threads and pool large for
> high priority and vice versa.
>
> Is there any other way to do the message prioritizing?

The only other approach I can think of is Content Based Router so that
you put all low priority stuff on a separate queue that can be
consumed from time to time by separate consumers.
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/content-based-router.html

You could do a bit of both approaches I guess; have some
only-high-priority consumers and then resequence the rest of the
messages to try reduce the likelihood of low priority stuff slowing
things down.

--
James
-------