activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: Is it possible to suspend and resume message delivery for broker?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 09:13:20 GMT
On 01/11/2007, Roger Hoover <> wrote:
> Stopping the consumers involves sending SIGTERM to them which could
> kill them in the middle of processing a message.  Being able to
> suspend delivery would allow us to make sure they were no longer
> processing messages before we kill them.  Granted, we can get around
> this problem by retrofitting the code to handle SIGTERM appropriately
> but this would have been the easier approach.

You could stop the consumer via JMX. Reconnection only applies to a
JMS Connection; so you should be able to stop a consumer via JMX
without it auto-reconnecting.

Though maybe we should support some kinda mechanism to stop
dispatching - though due to prefetch buffers, you'd still have to wait
for all the buffers to be emptied.

Open Source SOA

View raw message