activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to suspend and resume message delivery for broker?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 07:34:17 GMT
On 11/1/07, Roger Hoover <roger.hoover@gmail.com> wrote:
> While rolling out new consumer code, we'd like to suspend the broker
> so that messages can be enqueued but not delivered.  Once we've pushed
> the new code out and restarted the consumers, we want to resume
> message delivery.
>
> Is this possible with ActiveMQ?
>
> Any advice/info is appreciated.  Thanks,

Why not configure the consumers to use the failover transport
(http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html) so that
they'll reconnect automatically? Even if a given consumer only
connects to a single broker, this is a good idea. And using the
initialReconnectDelay option will give the broker(s) time to restart
allowing the consumers to survive a broker going offline temporarily.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/