activemq-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Pocock <dan...@readytechnology.co.uk>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ CMS and CPP on Debian?
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:14:41 GMT

Timothy Bish wrote:
> I've looked around before, and like most things that involve autoconf,
> it was really confusing and made my head hurt, so I stopped looking  :)

I'm not sure about arranging the debian files in that way
(packages/debian) - but I will try it.

As for testing, I'll see if I can arrange access to a Debian machine, or
maybe a nightly build and package generation on one of my own machines.

I think this is really good stuff, and once it get's into Debian, other
people will link to it, which creates dependencies - that means there
will be more interest in the code, more troubleshooting and feedback, etc.

> On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 10:24 -0500, Mittler, Nathan wrote:
>
>> Sounds great!
>>

>>> Great, that exactly right.  Then we can just add a target in
>>> the make file for debian (i.e. make debian) and that would
>>> allow a package maintainer to build a new one with each
>>> release.  Now if we could get the others, rpm, etc in there
>>> we could start getting the library out on repos for the
>>> various OS's.  One thought that I had was that we may want to
>>> nest the scripts etc under a directory like ./packages or
>>> something so that we can also nest files for RPMs etc in
>>> there, so we have something like:
>>>
>>> ./packages/debian
>>> ./packages/rpm
>>> etc.
>>>
>> Agreed - seems like a good approach.  Perhaps we could look to other
>> projects such as APR that might already have support for the various
>> packaging types?  I'll poke around a bit today and see what I can find.
>>

>>> Regards
>>> Tim.
>>>
>> Regards,
>> Nate

Ready Technology Limited
Incorporated in England and Wales, 4940731
Registered office: Devonshire House, 60 Goswell Rd, London, EC1M 7AD