activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Mario Siegenthaler" <msiegentha...@inventsoft.ch>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ JNDI in Tomcat
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 20:00:20 GMT
Hi
You don't really need a jndi.properties. Just place the activemq jar
in the common/lib (or lib if you're using tomcat 6) of your tomcat and
follow the configuration at
http://activemq.apache.org/setting-up-activemq-with-tomcat-559.html

Mario

On 11/8/07, Dave Carlson <gshpsrule@charter.net> wrote:
> Hello, We are trying to connect to an ActiveMQ server from a web app. We are having trouble
with the JNDI part of it. We have not been successful placing a jndi.properties file in the
WEB-INF/classes, nor anywhere else. The properties in our JNDI file are:

> java.naming.factory.initial org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory
> queue.activity_queue  activity_queue
>
> Regardless, we get a naming exception saying that activity_queue is not bound in this
context. We are trying to get this in the following manner: