activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dave Carlson <gshpsr...@charter.net>
Subject ActiveMQ JNDI in Tomcat
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 18:23:17 GMT
Hello, We are trying to connect to an ActiveMQ server from a web app. We are having trouble
with the JNDI part of it. We have not been successful placing a jndi.properties file in the
WEB-INF/classes, nor anywhere else. The properties in our JNDI file are:

java.naming.factory.initial org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory
queue.activity_queue  activity_queue

Regardless, we get a naming exception saying that activity_queue is not bound in this context.
We are trying to get this in the following manner:

Context context = new javax.naming.InitialContext();
return context.lookup(str);

This works outside of the web server, but not in. Can anyone point me in the right direction?