activemq-users mailing list archives

From Viswanath Durbha <Viswanath.Dur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: looking for best practices for High Availability and guaranteed message delivery
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:30:56 GMT

Hi,

I can answer one of the many questions you had regarding master/slave setup.

I use ActiveMQ 5.0 snapshot version and I have successfully setup a
master/slave configuration using MySQL database. I followed the instructions
at  http://activemq.apache.org/jdbc-master-slave.html
http://activemq.apache.org/jdbc-master-slave.html  .

The master first locks the database and the slave is in waiting mode. If the
master goes down for any reason, the slave automatically comes up without
any manual intervention. So this slave becomes the new master. There can be
as many instances of ActiveMQ as needed all waiting for the database lock.
This would take care of the High Availability (HA).

The same can also be achieved using a shared network drive (SAN). The
details can be found at
http://activemq.apache.org/shared-file-system-master-slave.html
http://activemq.apache.org/shared-file-system-master-slave.html

Hope this helps.