activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tom Samplonius <...@samplonius.org>
Subject Re: Ruby + SSL + Stomp
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2007 07:41:46 GMT

----- "Marcos Alvares" <marcos.alvares@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I trying to build a secure application with ruby using "stomp over
> ssl" ( Not ssl over stomp ).
>
> Like a:
> "Stomp::Client.open( '', '', 'localhost', 61613, false)"
>
> Inside the 61617 ssl connection provided by the message broker.
>
> Does anybody have any ideas or ruby examples?
>
> Some examples using ruby and ssl too.
> Something different from listener and publisher default examples.
>
> Sorry my very bad english :]
>
> Thank you ...

  The Stomp server in ActiveMQ does not yet support SSL.  It probably would not be hard to
support.

  And also, there is no released version of ActiveMQ that has Stomp support that actually
checks passwords (any password is accepted, and access to all queues is granted).  So SSL
support is probably not your biggest concern.

  There is a patch in Jira that you can apply to fix the password issue in Stomp.  I'm not
sure if it will make it into the next release of ActiveMQ though.

Tom