activemq-users mailing list archives

From dmd <dm...@cornell.edu>
Subject ActiveMQ and JPA with global transactions
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 16:36:15 GMT

Hi all,

I am using JPA (currently with OpenJPA) to persist the execution state of a
process.  I sometimes need to use the same transaction to consume a message,
update the state of the process and persist it to disk, and generate some
message.

Essentially I have two services which communicate via JMS and both need to
recover from failures and not lose their state or messages in transit.

Now, I can't yet figure out how to configure the system in order to share
the transactional context...  Furthermore, I don't know if that requires
that both the ActiveMQ broker and the JPA must use the same DB.  (Obviously
there is a requirement that the DB itself be highly available.  We are using
MS SQL Server with a shared storage configuration.)

Any help would be appreciated, including someone telling me that I'm on
totally the wrong track and I should use some other technologies.

Cheers,
Dan