activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: message selectors
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 05:53:07 GMT
On 12/10/2007, Terry K <tyrone.king@thomson.com> wrote:

> .. what worries me at this point is introducing yet anothrer level of
> software complexity to solve what is really a simple requirement. I can see
> a simple database table with a little SQL code could solve this problem.
> What advantage does a JMS Queue (which is not a trivial software
> infrastructure to incorporate) give to this situation?

If you prefer to use a database and your database can handle the
polling frequency and you don't realy need load balancing, go for it.

JMS is designed to be a very high performance reliable load balancer
(queues) or high performance publish & subscribe network. A message
queue is semantically very different to a database (which uses queries
and locking) - a message queue has no locking and is stream based.

--
James
-------

Open Source SOA