activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tony Qian <>
Subject slow consumer blocks producer
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 17:11:42 GMT

We are having a production problem with activeMQ (activemq-console-4.2-incubator). We have
been struggling to fix the problem.

We have multi threaded producer (servlet) to send about 10 messages/sec to broker and have
a single consumer. We can see messages are spooled to disk and  database (MySql). However,
after a few minutes,  producer threads are blocked due to slower consumer. If we kill consumer,
then producers can send messages to queue normally.

Did we do something wrong?

Appreciate your help and suggestion.