activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bas Schulte <>
Subject Stumped: using web console to talk to remote broker
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 20:51:19 GMT

I'm running activemq stand-alone and want to use web console,
deployed in jetty or tomcat, to manipulate queues etc..

I can't figure out how I can do that. Web console by default comes
with this application context:

    <bean id="brokerService"
       <property name="config" value="/WEB-INF/activemq.xml"/>

    <bean id="sessionPool" class="org.apache.activemq.web.SessionPool"/>
    <bean id="brokerQuery"
class="org.apache.activemq.web.BrokerFacade" autowire='constructor'
    <bean id="queueBrowser"
autowire='constructor' singleton="false"/>
    <bean id="messageQuery"
class="org.apache.activemq.web.MessageQuery" autowire='constructor'

This creates *another* broker *in* my webapp which is not what I want.

I tried this, to make it use my remote (well, in the same box, for
now) broker:

    <bean id="brokerService"
       <property name="transportConnectorURIs">

This still tries to create a broker:

2007-10-12 22:43:23,028 DEBUG
[] -
  Creating instance of bean 'brokerQuery' with merged defini
tion [Root bean: class [org.apache.activemq.web.BrokerFacade];
scope=prototype; abstract=false; lazyInit=false;
autowireCandidate=true; autowireMode=3; dependenc
yCheck=0; factoryBeanName=null; factoryMethodName=null;
initMethodName=null; destroyMethodName=null; defined in
ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationCont
2007-10-12 22:43:23,040 DEBUG
[] -
  Returning cached instance of singleton bean 'brokerService
2007-10-12 22:43:23,041 DEBUG
[] -
  Autowiring by type from bean name 'brokerQuery' via constr
uctor to bean named 'brokerService'
2007-10-12 22:43:23,059 INFO
[] - ActiveMQ 4.1.1 JMS
Message Broker (localhost) is starting
2007-10-12 22:43:23,059 INFO
[] - For help or more
information please see:

What's the magic incantation to make web console talk to the broker
at tcp://localhost:61616 ?

                    bas a schulte   -   http://   -   -