activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Nathan Mittler" <nathan.mitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get a message redelivered in CMS c++
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 21:34:46 GMT

> Okay, that is what I was afraid of :)  Its more like I can process all the
> messages, it's just one device the message is designated for is busy.  I
> can
> still process the other 100's of pending requests.   So, option #2 is not
> viable becuase I still need to service the messages I can work on.  So I'm
> thinking #1 is probably where I'd go and I'll either queue the internally
> &
> not ack them or put them on another queue back to myself to check on later
> via a synchronous poll.

Would it make sense to simply have a queue per device.  That way you could
control queue consumption on a per-device basis.  If you need something in
the middle to fan out the data into multiple queues, consider using Apache
Camel's content-based router (
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/content-based-router.html).

Thank you for the repsonse.  On the 3rd question though, is there a way to
> "Move" messages from one queue to another once I've dequeued via async
> (onMessage)?

I think the only way you could achieve something like this would be to
resend the message on another channel.

Nate