activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Sitsky <s...@nuix.com>
Subject Re: Duplicate message delivered to consumers on queue with AMQ persistence
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 23:24:55 GMT
Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear that - I've also spent ages.  FWIW, it happens regardless 
of the value for persistentIndex, I've used both true and false.  Ditto 
with syncOnWrite, which I guess is not surprising.

I'll try to modify my unit test further today to more closely mimic my 
real application to see if I can reproduce it.

Cheers,
David

Rob Davies wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> 
> spent ages trying to reproduce this with no luck - anybody else had luck 
> reproducing this on the latest?
> 
> 
> cheers,
> 
> Rob
> 
> http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/
> 
> 
> 
> On Oct 9, 2007, at 6:28 AM, David Sitsky wrote:
> 
>> Hi Rob,
>>
>> Looks like the original issue I reported with duplicate messages being 
>> dispatched has resurfaced again.  I don't see it happening in the 
>> original situation where I saw it with kaha persistence, but now with 
>> different data loaded in my application.
>>
>> This time the issue occurs with AMQ persistence.  I have tried to add 
>> as much detail as possible here: 
>> https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1452.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I have had no luck with reproducing this issue in a 
>> unit test... but I hope the message logs attached to the issue might 
>> provide you with some clues.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> David
>>
>> David Sitsky wrote:
>>> Hi Rob,
>>> Yes - I haven't seen the issue in my application since updating.  
>>> Many thanks again.
>>> Cheers,
>>> David
>>> Rob Davies wrote:
>>>> Hi David,
>>>>
>>>> I had a test case that periodically could reproduce this - it now 
>>>> can't after ensuring references are always freshed in the Kaha 
>>>> reference store part of AMQ Store. Is your application now fixed?
>>>>
>>>> thanks,
>>>>
>>>> Rob
>>>> On Oct 8, 2007, at 2:48 AM, David Sitsky wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi Rob,
>>>>>
>>>>> Looks like you have fixed this issue - many thanks.
>>>>>
>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>> David
>>>>>
>>>>> Rob Davies wrote:
>>>>>> Hi David,
>>>>>> I've had a look through the log you've attached to AMQ-1445 - but

>>>>>> I think i'll need some more information to successfully resolve 
>>>>>> whats going on. Obviously there's an attempt to retrieve a message

>>>>>> that's already been deleted -  I just need to find out why ;)
>>>>>> Could I trouble you to try and devise a junit test case to reproduce?
>>>>>> thanks,
>>>>>> Rob
>>>>>> On Oct 5, 2007, at 7:37 AM, David Sitsky wrote:
>>>>>>> Hi Rob,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I think I spoke too soon.  While using AMQ store fixed the 
>>>>>>> initial issue I was dealing with, it seems to have other issues

>>>>>>> in my application, where I see the following message before 
>>>>>>> everything hangs:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> RecoveryListenerAdapter - Message id ID... could not be recovered

>>>>>>> from the data store!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I created a JIRA record which contains the detailed debug message

>>>>>>> logs:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1445
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> FWIW, JDBC persistence works fine.  Any ideas what might be wrong?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>>> David
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> David Sitsky wrote:
>>>>>>>> Hi Rob,
>>>>>>>> Looks like the AMQ store works correctly - thanks for the
advice.
>>>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>>>> David
>>>>>>>> Rob Davies wrote:
>>>>>>>>> Do you get the same using AMQ store (the default in 5.0)
- its 
>>>>>>>>> the prefered store over kaha in ActiveMQ 5.0
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> cheers,
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Rob
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Oct 3, 2007, at 8:50 AM, David Sitsky wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I have discovered an issue with the latest activemq
5.0 
>>>>>>>>>> (revision 581510) which seems to have been present
for some 
>>>>>>>>>> time, at least for the last month.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I have an application using transactions, and kaha

>>>>>>>>>> persistence, and two consumers feeding off a queue.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I sometimes see the same message being sent to two
consumers.  
>>>>>>>>>> All transactions were committed (no rollbacks), and
as you can 
>>>>>>>>>> see by the debug dump, the message has the same message-ID,

>>>>>>>>>> but was delivered to two separate consumers, running
on 
>>>>>>>>>> separate threads, using sync receives with a prefetch
of 0, 
>>>>>>>>>> with separate sessions of course.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Is this a known problem?  It doesn't always happen
- seems to 
>>>>>>>>>> be a race condition.  If I turn off persistence,
I don't seem 
>>>>>>>>>> to see it.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Here is the message being delivered to consumer 1:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 2007-10-03 17:21:37,310 [Worker 
>>>>>>>>>> 060bacd87f4a40a4867113e2e3e553dd] 85475 DEBUG 
>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer - 
>>>>>>>>>> ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:3:2 received
message: 
>>>>>>>>>> MessageDispatch {commandId = 0, responseRequired
= false, 
>>>>>>>>>> consumerId = ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:3:2,

>>>>>>>>>> destination = queue://worker-items, message = 
>>>>>>>>>> ActiveMQObjectMessage {commandId = 50, responseRequired
= 
>>>>>>>>>> false, messageId = ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:3:1,

>>>>>>>>>> originalDestination = null, originalTransactionId
= null, 
>>>>>>>>>> producerId = ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:3,

>>>>>>>>>> destination = queue://worker-items, transactionId
= 
>>>>>>>>>> TX:ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:5, expiration
= 0, 
>>>>>>>>>> timestamp = 1191396097286, arrival = 0, brokerInTime
= 
>>>>>>>>>> 1191396097290, brokerOutTime = 1191396097303, correlationId
= 
>>>>>>>>>> null, replyTo = null, persistent = true, type = null,
priority 
>>>>>>>>>> = 4, groupID = null, groupSequence = 0, targetConsumerId
= 
>>>>>>>>>> null, compressed = false, userID = null, content
= 
>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.activemq.util.ByteSequence@fa8cbc, 
>>>>>>>>>> marshalledProperties = null, dataStructure = null,

>>>>>>>>>> redeliveryCounter = 0, size = 0, properties = null,

>>>>>>>>>> readOnlyProperties = true, readOnlyBody = true, droppable
= 
>>>>>>>>>> false}, redeliveryCounter = 0}
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Here is the same message (check the message ID) being

>>>>>>>>>> delivered to consumer 2:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 2007-10-03 17:21:37,422 [Worker 
>>>>>>>>>> 2c3169d1726b4781a423a239f65c7bd1] 85587 DEBUG 
>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer - 
>>>>>>>>>> ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:2 received
message: 
>>>>>>>>>> MessageDispatch {commandId = 0, responseRequired
= false, 
>>>>>>>>>> consumerId = ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:2,

>>>>>>>>>> destination = queue://worker-items, message = 
>>>>>>>>>> ActiveMQObjectMessage {commandId = 50, responseRequired
= 
>>>>>>>>>> false, messageId = ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:3:1,

>>>>>>>>>> originalDestination = null, originalTransactionId
= null, 
>>>>>>>>>> producerId = ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:3,

>>>>>>>>>> destination = queue://worker-items, transactionId
= 
>>>>>>>>>> TX:ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:5, expiration
= 0, 
>>>>>>>>>> timestamp = 1191396097286, arrival = 0, brokerInTime
= 
>>>>>>>>>> 1191396097290, brokerOutTime = 1191396097417, correlationId
= 
>>>>>>>>>> null, replyTo = null, persistent = true, type = null,
priority 
>>>>>>>>>> = 4, groupID = null, groupSequence = 0, targetConsumerId
= 
>>>>>>>>>> null, compressed = false, userID = null, content
= 
>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.activemq.util.ByteSequence@1a881cc, 
>>>>>>>>>> marshalledProperties = null, dataStructure = null,

>>>>>>>>>> redeliveryCounter = 0, size = 0, properties = null,

>>>>>>>>>> readOnlyProperties = true, readOnlyBody = true, droppable
= 
>>>>>>>>>> false}, redeliveryCounter = 0}
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I'll need to do more investigations tomorrow, but
if anybody 
>>>>>>>>>> has any ideas, I'd appreciate some insights.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>>>>>> David
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Nuix Pty Ltd
>>>>>>>>>> Suite 79, 89 Jones St, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia
   Ph: +61 2 
>>>>>>>>>> 9280 0699
>>>>>>>>>> Web: http://www.nuix.com                        
   Fax: +61 2 
>>>>>>>>>> 9212 6902
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>>> David
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Nuix Pty Ltd
>>>>>>> Suite 79, 89 Jones St, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia    Ph: +61
2 
>>>>>>> 9280 0699
>>>>>>> Web: http://www.nuix.com                            Fax: +61
2 
>>>>>>> 9212 6902
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> -- 
>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>> David
>>>>>
>>>>> Nuix Pty Ltd
>>>>> Suite 79, 89 Jones St, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia    Ph: +61 2 9280 
>>>>> 0699
>>>>> Web: http://www.nuix.com                            Fax: +61 2 9212 
>>>>> 6902
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> Cheers,
>> David
>>
>> Nuix Pty Ltd
>> Suite 79, 89 Jones St, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia    Ph: +61 2 9280 0699
>> Web: http://www.nuix.com                            Fax: +61 2 9212 6902


-- 
Cheers,
David

Nuix Pty Ltd
Suite 79, 89 Jones St, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia    Ph: +61 2 9280 0699
Web: http://www.nuix.com                            Fax: +61 2 9212 6902

Mime
View raw message