activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Sitsky <s...@nuix.com>
Subject Re: RecoveryListenerAdapter - Message id ID... could not be recovered from the data store: WAS: [Duplicate message delivered to consumers on queue with kaha persistence]
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 01:48:52 GMT
Hi Rob,

Looks like you have fixed this issue - many thanks.

Cheers,
David

Rob Davies wrote:
> Hi David,
> 
> I've had a look through the log you've attached to AMQ-1445 - but I 
> think i'll need some more information to successfully resolve whats 
> going on. Obviously there's an attempt to retrieve a message that's 
> already been deleted -  I just need to find out why ;)
> 
> Could I trouble you to try and devise a junit test case to reproduce?
> 
> thanks,
> 
> Rob
> On Oct 5, 2007, at 7:37 AM, David Sitsky wrote:
> 
>> Hi Rob,
>>
>> I think I spoke too soon.  While using AMQ store fixed the initial 
>> issue I was dealing with, it seems to have other issues in my 
>> application, where I see the following message before everything hangs:
>>
>> RecoveryListenerAdapter - Message id ID... could not be recovered from 
>> the data store!
>>
>> I created a JIRA record which contains the detailed debug message logs:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1445
>>
>> FWIW, JDBC persistence works fine.  Any ideas what might be wrong?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> David
>>
>> David Sitsky wrote:
>>> Hi Rob,
>>> Looks like the AMQ store works correctly - thanks for the advice.
>>> Cheers,
>>> David
>>> Rob Davies wrote:
>>>> Do you get the same using AMQ store (the default in 5.0) - its the 
>>>> prefered store over kaha in ActiveMQ 5.0
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> cheers,
>>>>
>>>> Rob
>>>>
>>>> http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Oct 3, 2007, at 8:50 AM, David Sitsky wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I have discovered an issue with the latest activemq 5.0 (revision 
>>>>> 581510) which seems to have been present for some time, at least 
>>>>> for the last month.
>>>>>
>>>>> I have an application using transactions, and kaha persistence, and 
>>>>> two consumers feeding off a queue.
>>>>>
>>>>> I sometimes see the same message being sent to two consumers.  All 
>>>>> transactions were committed (no rollbacks), and as you can see by 
>>>>> the debug dump, the message has the same message-ID, but was 
>>>>> delivered to two separate consumers, running on separate threads, 
>>>>> using sync receives with a prefetch of 0, with separate sessions of 
>>>>> course.
>>>>>
>>>>> Is this a known problem?  It doesn't always happen - seems to be a 
>>>>> race condition.  If I turn off persistence, I don't seem to see it.
>>>>>
>>>>> Here is the message being delivered to consumer 1:
>>>>>
>>>>> 2007-10-03 17:21:37,310 [Worker 060bacd87f4a40a4867113e2e3e553dd] 
>>>>> 85475 DEBUG org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer - 
>>>>> ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:3:2 received message: 
>>>>> MessageDispatch {commandId = 0, responseRequired = false, 
>>>>> consumerId = ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:3:2, destination = 
>>>>> queue://worker-items, message = ActiveMQObjectMessage {commandId = 
>>>>> 50, responseRequired = false, messageId = 
>>>>> ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:3:1, originalDestination = 
>>>>> null, originalTransactionId = null, producerId = 
>>>>> ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:3, destination = 
>>>>> queue://worker-items, transactionId = 
>>>>> TX:ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:5, expiration = 0, timestamp 
>>>>> = 1191396097286, arrival = 0, brokerInTime = 1191396097290, 
>>>>> brokerOutTime = 1191396097303, correlationId = null, replyTo = 
>>>>> null, persistent = true, type = null, priority = 4, groupID = null, 
>>>>> groupSequence = 0, targetConsumerId = null, compressed = false, 
>>>>> userID = null, content = 
>>>>> org.apache.activemq.util.ByteSequence@fa8cbc, marshalledProperties 
>>>>> = null, dataStructure = null, redeliveryCounter = 0, size = 0, 
>>>>> properties = null, readOnlyProperties = true, readOnlyBody = true, 
>>>>> droppable = false}, redeliveryCounter = 0}
>>>>>
>>>>> Here is the same message (check the message ID) being delivered to 
>>>>> consumer 2:
>>>>>
>>>>> 2007-10-03 17:21:37,422 [Worker 2c3169d1726b4781a423a239f65c7bd1] 
>>>>> 85587 DEBUG org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer - 
>>>>> ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:2 received message: 
>>>>> MessageDispatch {commandId = 0, responseRequired = false, 
>>>>> consumerId = ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:2, destination = 
>>>>> queue://worker-items, message = ActiveMQObjectMessage {commandId = 
>>>>> 50, responseRequired = false, messageId = 
>>>>> ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:3:1, originalDestination = 
>>>>> null, originalTransactionId = null, producerId = 
>>>>> ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:3, destination = 
>>>>> queue://worker-items, transactionId = 
>>>>> TX:ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:5, expiration = 0, timestamp 
>>>>> = 1191396097286, arrival = 0, brokerInTime = 1191396097290, 
>>>>> brokerOutTime = 1191396097417, correlationId = null, replyTo = 
>>>>> null, persistent = true, type = null, priority = 4, groupID = null, 
>>>>> groupSequence = 0, targetConsumerId = null, compressed = false, 
>>>>> userID = null, content = 
>>>>> org.apache.activemq.util.ByteSequence@1a881cc, marshalledProperties 
>>>>> = null, dataStructure = null, redeliveryCounter = 0, size = 0, 
>>>>> properties = null, readOnlyProperties = true, readOnlyBody = true, 
>>>>> droppable = false}, redeliveryCounter = 0}
>>>>>
>>>>> I'll need to do more investigations tomorrow, but if anybody has 
>>>>> any ideas, I'd appreciate some insights.
>>>>>
>>>>> -- 
>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>> David
>>>>>
>>>>> Nuix Pty Ltd
>>>>> Suite 79, 89 Jones St, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia    Ph: +61 2 9280 
>>>>> 0699
>>>>> Web: http://www.nuix.com                            Fax: +61 2 9212 
>>>>> 6902
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> Cheers,
>> David
>>
>> Nuix Pty Ltd
>> Suite 79, 89 Jones St, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia    Ph: +61 2 9280 0699
>> Web: http://www.nuix.com                            Fax: +61 2 9212 6902


-- 
Cheers,
David

Nuix Pty Ltd
Suite 79, 89 Jones St, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia    Ph: +61 2 9280 0699
Web: http://www.nuix.com                            Fax: +61 2 9212 6902

Mime
View raw message