activemq-users mailing list archives

From David Lloyd <lloy0...@adam.com.au>
Subject Re: Using ApacheMQ with SJSAS
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2007 03:36:16 GMT

James,

(James Strachan said:)
> So it sounds like you just wanna mostly use ActiveMQ with PHP and Perl
> right? If so I'd recommend just running the broker via the shell
> script / windows service / unix service directly; then you don't have
> to worry about integrating into some app server and messing about with
> all that JCA stuff.

Not quite - whilst most of our code is in PHP and Perl, the code which
takes in more than 33% of our cash flow is moving towards a Java EE
based solution. There are various reasons why I've wanted to move this
part of the code in this direction, the primary one being that I can
suddenly get: security management, persistence management, transactions
and other "goodies" for free (so to speak).

DSL