activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Sitsky <s...@nuix.com>
Subject RecoveryListenerAdapter - Message id ID... could not be recovered from the data store: WAS: [Duplicate message delivered to consumers on queue with kaha persistence]
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 06:37:57 GMT
Hi Rob,

I think I spoke too soon.  While using AMQ store fixed the initial issue 
I was dealing with, it seems to have other issues in my application, 
where I see the following message before everything hangs:

RecoveryListenerAdapter - Message id ID... could not be recovered from 
the data store!

I created a JIRA record which contains the detailed debug message logs:

https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1445

FWIW, JDBC persistence works fine.  Any ideas what might be wrong?

Cheers,
David

David Sitsky wrote:
> Hi Rob,
> 
> Looks like the AMQ store works correctly - thanks for the advice.
> 
> Cheers,
> David
> 
> Rob Davies wrote:
>> Do you get the same using AMQ store (the default in 5.0) - its the 
>> prefered store over kaha in ActiveMQ 5.0
>>
>>
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/
>>
>>
>>
>> On Oct 3, 2007, at 8:50 AM, David Sitsky wrote:
>>
>>> I have discovered an issue with the latest activemq 5.0 (revision 
>>> 581510) which seems to have been present for some time, at least for 
>>> the last month.
>>>
>>> I have an application using transactions, and kaha persistence, and 
>>> two consumers feeding off a queue.
>>>
>>> I sometimes see the same message being sent to two consumers.  All 
>>> transactions were committed (no rollbacks), and as you can see by the 
>>> debug dump, the message has the same message-ID, but was delivered to 
>>> two separate consumers, running on separate threads, using sync 
>>> receives with a prefetch of 0, with separate sessions of course.
>>>
>>> Is this a known problem?  It doesn't always happen - seems to be a 
>>> race condition.  If I turn off persistence, I don't seem to see it.
>>>
>>> Here is the message being delivered to consumer 1:
>>>
>>> 2007-10-03 17:21:37,310 [Worker 060bacd87f4a40a4867113e2e3e553dd] 
>>> 85475 DEBUG org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer - 
>>> ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:3:2 received message: 
>>> MessageDispatch {commandId = 0, responseRequired = false, consumerId 
>>> = ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:3:2, destination = 
>>> queue://worker-items, message = ActiveMQObjectMessage {commandId = 
>>> 50, responseRequired = false, messageId = 
>>> ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:3:1, originalDestination = 
>>> null, originalTransactionId = null, producerId = 
>>> ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:3, destination = 
>>> queue://worker-items, transactionId = 
>>> TX:ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:5, expiration = 0, timestamp = 
>>> 1191396097286, arrival = 0, brokerInTime = 1191396097290, 
>>> brokerOutTime = 1191396097303, correlationId = null, replyTo = null, 
>>> persistent = true, type = null, priority = 4, groupID = null, 
>>> groupSequence = 0, targetConsumerId = null, compressed = false, 
>>> userID = null, content = 
>>> org.apache.activemq.util.ByteSequence@fa8cbc, marshalledProperties = 
>>> null, dataStructure = null, redeliveryCounter = 0, size = 0, 
>>> properties = null, readOnlyProperties = true, readOnlyBody = true, 
>>> droppable = false}, redeliveryCounter = 0}
>>>
>>> Here is the same message (check the message ID) being delivered to 
>>> consumer 2:
>>>
>>> 2007-10-03 17:21:37,422 [Worker 2c3169d1726b4781a423a239f65c7bd1] 
>>> 85587 DEBUG org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer - 
>>> ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:2 received message: 
>>> MessageDispatch {commandId = 0, responseRequired = false, consumerId 
>>> = ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:2, destination = 
>>> queue://worker-items, message = ActiveMQObjectMessage {commandId = 
>>> 50, responseRequired = false, messageId = 
>>> ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:3:1, originalDestination = 
>>> null, originalTransactionId = null, producerId = 
>>> ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:3, destination = 
>>> queue://worker-items, transactionId = 
>>> TX:ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:5, expiration = 0, timestamp = 
>>> 1191396097286, arrival = 0, brokerInTime = 1191396097290, 
>>> brokerOutTime = 1191396097417, correlationId = null, replyTo = null, 
>>> persistent = true, type = null, priority = 4, groupID = null, 
>>> groupSequence = 0, targetConsumerId = null, compressed = false, 
>>> userID = null, content = 
>>> org.apache.activemq.util.ByteSequence@1a881cc, marshalledProperties = 
>>> null, dataStructure = null, redeliveryCounter = 0, size = 0, 
>>> properties = null, readOnlyProperties = true, readOnlyBody = true, 
>>> droppable = false}, redeliveryCounter = 0}
>>>
>>> I'll need to do more investigations tomorrow, but if anybody has any 
>>> ideas, I'd appreciate some insights.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Cheers,
>>> David
>>>
>>> Nuix Pty Ltd
>>> Suite 79, 89 Jones St, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia    Ph: +61 2 9280 0699
>>> Web: http://www.nuix.com                            Fax: +61 2 9212 6902
> 
> 


-- 
Cheers,
David

Nuix Pty Ltd
Suite 79, 89 Jones St, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia    Ph: +61 2 9280 0699
Web: http://www.nuix.com                            Fax: +61 2 9212 6902

Mime
View raw message