activemq-users mailing list archives

From WHIRLYCOTT <p...@whirlycott.com>
Subject Re: Crashing an AMQ producer in ~12 seconds
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 02:26:41 GMT
Rob, thanks for looking into this.  I'll provide a summary of what I
found here for anybody out there doing searches who might run across
this issue:

Basically, if you create several (or many) connection objects, you
end up with these threads piling up in the background.  I've also
experienced this same problem with the connection pool supplied with
ActiveMQ.

What I've done for my producers is to only have one connection object
per application lifecycle.  This already seems to be working fine for
me.  It's not intuitive and, as Rob has confirmed, there's definitely
a problem with AMQ that he is still fixing.

Thanks again.

phil.