activemq-users mailing list archives

From varoa <>
Subject Misterious loss of messages, debug hints? clues?
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:37:05 GMT

Hi, I'm having some problems with a producer losing messages at random. I
have already checked but
I don't think it's related to that problem. I have a non-persistent topic,
the producer sends around 30-50 messages/sec and my consumer is quite fast.
I can't see any locking issues, no connections are being dropped (the
producer monitors the connection constantly and there is not a single
problem in the connection), I do receive many messages / second, but still a
good amount is lost in the ether.

I'm trying to use the utility scripts provided but I can't get much help out
of them. Does the discrepancy between DispatchCount and EnqueueCount mean
anything? What are exactly those 2 figures (I can't find a description for
any). Any ideas on how can I debug this?

I'm pasting some info here in case it's of any use:

./query -QTopic=FOO.TOPIC outputs:

Type = Topic
DispatchCount = 33208
Destination = FOO.TOPIC
QueueSize = 0
DequeueCount = 0
MemoryPercentageUsed = 0
ConsumerCount = 2
MemoryLimit = 9223372036854775807
EnqueueCount = 16604
BrokerName = localhost

My Topic has the following config:

            <policyEntry topic="FOO.>">
                <strictOrderDispatchPolicy />
                <timedSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy recoverDuration="300000" />
              </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy -->
                <constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy limit="5000"/>

- Producer -

connection via
config: TimeToLive to 5 min, delivery mode to NON_PERSISTENT

  	TextMessage msg = session.createTextMessage();

- Consumer -

connection via

it extends MessageListener and ExceptionListener, overrides Connect with:

    this.connection = factory.createConnection();
    this.session = this.connection.createSession(false, this.sessionType);
    this.topic = this.session.createTopic(this.topicName);
    MessageConsumer consumer = session.createConsumer(this.topic,
this.messageSelector, this.noLocal);

and receives via:

  public void onMessage(Message message) {