activemq-users mailing list archives

From Nige <nigel.greenw...@dpworld.com.au>
Subject Re: Intermittent error "org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityIOException: Channel was inactive for too long."
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 00:26:58 GMT

Thanks Joe.

I tried this on server B. In the log last night, we had the timeout message
and then it seemed to establish the connection to server A again. However,
server A had an error in its log saying:

INFO  DemandForwardingBridge         - Network connection between
vm://server A#0 and tcp:///XXX.XX.XXX.XX:61616 shutdown due to a local
error: java.io.IOException: The transport is not running.

After this, no messages were flowing so I had to restart activeMQ on server
A.

Is this because I did not apply the wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0
setting on server A?

Nige

Try setting 'maxInactivityDuration' to zero. For example,

tcp://localhost:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0

According to the online documentation, this should disable inactivity
monitoring.

http://activemq.apache.org/configuring-wire-formats.html

Joe