activemq-users mailing list archives

From appi03 <arpit.s...@sparta.com>
Subject Re: Help
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:12:37 GMT

So anyhow, I finally got it working so that now I can see the messages on the
consumer side with only one broker running. That is what I wanted.

Thanks for your help.

Now i am on to the persistence option. I have a question about that. I am
using the cpp client.

I am setting persistent = true in the broker configuration. I also have
deliverymode set to PERSISTENT on the producer side. I am using topics. So i
have created a durable consumer . does that seem like I am on the right
path.

Also, what does the persistenceAdapter do? is it where the messages are
stored? is there a limit on how much can you store in there?

tabish121 wrote:

> See this article
> http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html
>
> On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 10:36 -0700, appi03 wrote:
>> No i am using topics.
>>
>> Another question regarding the broker configuration. I know transport
>> connector is tcp://localhost:61616 but what goes in the network
>> connector?
>>

>> tabish121 wrote:
>> >
>> > Are you using Topics, or Queues?   If you are using Queues and happen
>> > have another consumer running on that queue then it could explain why
>> > you see only half the messages.
>> >
>> > See this FAQ entry
>> > http://activemq.apache.org/how-does-a-queue-compare-to-a-topic.html
>> >
>> > Regards