activemq-users mailing list archives

From OB40 <omar.bas...@edftrading.com>
Subject Re: Help
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:08:22 GMT

Hi,

You need only one broker on one of the computers. I have learnt most of
activemq-cpp from the online example which is decent
(http://activemq.apache.org/cms/example.html). I am also attaching a couple
of noddies I wrote, one is a transmitter (producer) and the other is a
consumer. I have built them on Ubuntu. To run them you will be need to set
you LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib/ and to compile them you will need to
add /usr/local/include/activemq-cpp-2.1/ as the include path in you g++
command.

Best of luck.

appi03 wrote:

> I started learning activemq-cpp about a week ago. Right now I feel like i
> haven't gotten anywhere. I wonder why? There is no solid documentation on
> anything so to the new user, it's pretty confusing.
>
> Anyhow, I will stop my complaints. but, i need some serious help.
>
> I just want to set up two computers; one producing messages and the other
> one consuming messages. Now, do I need to run an activemq broker on both
> computers? I believe the answer is no. So then, does anyone have an
> example that I can look at to use it in this scenario.
>
> If i need to run a broker on both machines, is that embedded broker? in
> that case does anyone have a configuration example for that as well?
>
> Also, when I run the producer and consumer application. How do i configure
> the connection factory? I have looked and I guess i am just tired of
> looking now because i haven't found any pages on connection factory. I am
> not sure how all that ties in together.
>
> Please help. So i can move on to bigger and better things like
> persistence. I have something running right now but it just doesn't make
> sense anymore.
>
> help would be appreciated.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p13367353/CppQueueReceiver.cpp
CppQueueReceiver.cpp