activemq-users mailing list archives

From appi03 <arpit.s...@sparta.com>
Subject Multicast Discovery connection
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 18:10:26 GMT

I am trying to use the multicast discovery protocol and having some trouble
with it. I think i have the broker configuration down.

Client 1 (Producer) -> Broker 1
<transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
discoveryUri="multicast://prod1"/>

<networkConnector name="producer"  uri="multicast://prod1" />

Client 2 (Consumer) -> Broker 2
<transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
discoveryUri="multicast://cons1"/>

<networkConnector name="producer"  uri="multicast://cons1" />

But I am not sure how to configure the client side. this is what I have.

Client 1
 std::string brokerURI =
        "tcp://localhost:61616"
	"discovery:multicast://prod1"
        "&transport.useAsyncSend=true";

ActiveMQConnectionFactory( brokerURI );

Client 2:
 std::string brokerURI =
        "tcp://localhost:61616"
	"discovery:multicast://cons1";

ActiveMQConnectionFactory( brokerURI );

So when I start the brokers, I can see the connection being established
between two brokers. But the client 2 never sees any messages produced by
cllient 1.

I am sure it's the way I am configuring it. I can't seem to find any
documentation on how to configure the connection factory while using
discovery.

If anyone has any idea please let me know.

thanks,
arpit