activemq-users mailing list archives

From ivanrc <>
Subject What is the function of destinationPolicy?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:35:01 GMT

 Is DestinationPolicy for durable or  Non-durable Consumers or both?

I have got this in my config file but neither
timedSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy  nor oldestMessageEvictionStrategy work.

          <policyEntry topic=">">
              <strictOrderDispatchPolicy />
              <timedSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy recoverDuration="60000" />

I have a cluster with two brokers, and when non-durable customerĀ“s broker
fail, it loss messages during failover proccess (until reconnect to the
other brocker), and I think with timedSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy the
customer must recovered all lossed messages published during the failover
process (failover procces take less than 60 seconds).

With durable consumers, I stop the consumer, and restart it after 5 minutes.
I think that with timedSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy set in 60 seconds, I only
should recovered the last 60 seconds, but I recover all (all mensajes sended
since customer stop).