activemq-users mailing list archives

From Fred Crable <>
Subject How to get a message redelivered in CMS c++
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:47:07 GMT

Hi, I'm using activemq-cpp-2.1.  It is working great, thanks to all!  I have
a system that consumes messages and does network provisoning against network
devices which may be locked for a very long time.  I still need to perform
the work in the message, but I need to do it later after the lock is cleared
(usually because someone has requested to do work against the same device).

Questions are:

Is there a way to requeue the message for redelivery on the same queue?   I
see a rollback method and transactions, but they seem to be internal to the
ActiveMQ library and not on the cms available side.

If so, can I queue it up for delivery later either by priority (pushing it
down to lower priority) or by time (say 2 minutes later?)

If the answers to either of these are no, is the best alternative is to
requeue it to myself on a "slowly polled" queue that I get to later?  Is
there a slick way to just "move" messages if I have both a consumer &
provider opened?

Thanks, Fred