activemq-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Digulla <digu...@hepe.com>
Subject Re: Reliably starting and stopping of a producer/consumer
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:53:46 GMT

After some hacking in the sources, I've come up with a version of
FailoverTransport which doesn't hang in oneway() anymore. The "I want to
shutdown *now*" case is not properly handled in this code. Also, I need a
better way to get rid of the reconnectTask when I have to shut down.

One way I've found is the "disposed" flag but that's a bit of a hack. I
actually need a "shutdown now" flag but that flag must be checked at the
same places as "disposed" (and with the same truth value), so it would just
clutter the code (i.e. every check with disposed would have to be extended
with a check of shutdown-now). But this patch is beyond my capability to
understand the various dependencies.

What I need now are some pointers how to proceed. Should I open a bug report
or is that issue already solved in 5.0? Are you interested in my changes (if
only to see what I did)?

Regards,

--
Aaron Digulla