activemq-users mailing list archives

From Fred Crable <fredcra...@hotmail.com>
Subject gracefully restarting a c++/openwire session
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 21:10:38 GMT

Is there a best practice for gracefully restarting an openwire/c++ consumer
or producer session.  I'm hesitant to destroy and rebuild the connection,
session, and all of the consumers when I get an connection exception in my
exception listener.  I can't use failover:tcp: in an openwire broker uri.
Do I really have to unwind/destroy all of my consumer handles?  I've looked
all over for some methods or hints but I don't see any examples of
reconnecting after a client connection failure.

Thanks,
Fred