activemq-users mailing list archives

From Fred Crable <>
Subject reconnection to unavailable broker causing thread/memory leak
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 20:01:09 GMT

I just setup my 1st broker network so I'm far from an expert.  However, while
I was testing I took down one broker and went to a meeting.  When I got back
and starting testing again I saw that there were out of memory errors.
Looking at Jconsole after I restarted it looks like the number of threads is
growing by about a dozen or more after every failed reconnection.  This
accounts for the memory leak because of all the threads.

I'm posting to see if this is an old issue or a new introduced issue as I'm
running the top of head from 5.0 build 20071008.215641-19.  I don't think
I've got this configured wrong as I've got the most simple 2 broker
configuration configured like this:

<networkConnector name="terrell_duplex"

Has anyone else seen this?