activemq-users mailing list archives

From naql <andrew_h...@harcourt.com>
Subject Urgent: App server (websphere) unable to restart if queue not empty
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 15:46:40 GMT

This next issue is very serious for us and urgently needs a resolution.  I'm
sure that it's the same issue I see described here at this link:

http://ecommunity.groupintelligence.com/websphere/forums/archive/index.php/t-1027.html
http://ecommunity.groupintelligence.com/websphere/forums/archive/index.php/t-1027.html

We've commented out all of our Oracle JDBC persistence, so this just applies
to ActiveMQ-4.1.1 out of the box installed and running on the same box as
WSAD running WebSphere.  If we restart the app server, it comes up fine if
the ActiveMQ queues are empty.  If, however, there are messaging queued up,
the app server hangs.

This is the most serious issue we've encountered so far, since it means we
can't have any sort of error recovery whatsoever.  Has anybody run into
this, and can anyone please suggest something to try as a
resolution/workaround?

Thanks.