activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alex_ynr <suburbanc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Couldn't get jdbcPersistenceAdapter working
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 12:12:57 GMT

I just hit the same thing as well

Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes is the error not
allowing the creation of ACTIVEMQ_ACKS

You are probably using utf8/some other multibyte encoding as the collation
in your database....

Switch it to latin1 or ASCII... The varchar fields that the key is composed
of add up to less than 1000 characters but with a multibyte encoding the key
length is over 1000 bytes.

That's the case in my mysql setup here anyway.