activemq-users mailing list archives

From j0llyr0g3r <timo.roess...@wincor-nixdorf.com>
Subject How to configure AMQ to use a database cluster instead of a single db?
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 20:26:20 GMT

Hey folks,

i have a configuration problem which hopefully can be solved:

I have an up and running mySQL-Cluster consisting of 2 nodes (let's say
mydbhost1 and mydbhost2) which works so far as i can tell.

Currently i have two AMQ-instances, configured as a cluster as well.

But here is the problem:

How can i tell activemq to use the __other__ mySQL-node in case its primary
mysql-node shuts down?

Currently my data-source configuration in AMQ looks like this, using
"mydbhost1":

  <bean id="mysql-ds" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
destroy-method="close">
     <property name="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
     <property name="url"
value="jdbc:mysql://mydbhost1/activemq?relaxAutoCommit=true"/>
     <property name="username" value="wnmf"/>
     <property name="password" value="wnmf"/>
     <property name="poolPreparedStatements" value="true"/>
  </bean>

But how can i tell AMQ to use my "mydbhost2" in case "mydbhost1" fails over?

Can i simply set a comma-separated list in the configuration like:

<property name="url" value="jdbc:mysql://mydbhost1/activemq,
jdbc:mysql://mydbhost2/activemq"/>

?

I didn't find anything in the manual or via google......

Any help is highly appreciated!