activemq-users mailing list archives

From LizNJ <>
Subject Failover config
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 18:52:51 GMT

I have a system that has two brokers that use a shared file system for

For purposes of my explaining my issue, consider that Broker1 came up as the
master and Broker2 is the slave.
If Broker1 goes down, the applications (producer and consumer) failover to
Broker2 just fine. Broker2 now asks as the master. However, I lose some
messages. If I later bring Broker1 back online (as a slave) and kill Broker2
(so that Broker1 becomes master again), the missing messages are suddenly

I don't understand why this happens. Since Broker1 and Broker2 share a
persistance location, shouldn't broker2 have all the message when Broker1