activemq-users mailing list archives

From Deep Blue <deep_blue...@hotmail.com>
Subject How to shutdown ActiveMQ through ./shutdown script after securing JMX
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 07:15:12 GMT

Hi,

I'm using ActiveMQ 4.1.1 and it seems like ./shutdown script is using JMX to
shutdown ActiveMQ. After I secured ActiveMQ's JMX (by following
http://activemq.apache.org/jmx.html#JMX-PasswordProtectingtheJMXConnector),
I cannot use ./shutdown script anymore.

I tried to use ./shutdown --jmxurl
service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1616/jmxrmi, but I got the following
error: "ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute stop task.
Reason: java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication failed! Credentials
required". Is there anyway I can pass in user id and password to the
./shutdown script?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Deep Blue