activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tom Samplonius <...@samplonius.org>
Subject Re: jaas security
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 06:09:41 GMT

----- "lancedv" <lance_devera@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Im trying to use jaas in my activemq instance and have followed the
> instructions in the security page and some hints in this forum but im
> getting this error when starting activemq:
>
> ERROR BrokerService                  - Failed to start ActiveMQ JMS
> Message
> Broker. Reason: java.lang.SecurityException: User is not
> authenticated.
>
> im using activemq snapshot 5 running on fedora 6.

  What does your config file look like?

  Unfortunately, I found there are certain things you can password protect, and have other
things work.  For instance, the management topic.  It will fail to be created, as apparently
ActiveMQ demands that ActiveMQ use an admin password when connecting to itself.  It is a bit
bizarre.