activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RecoveryListenerAdapter - Message id ID... could not be recovered from the data store: WAS: [Duplicate message delivered to consumers on queue with kaha persistence]
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 10:42:20 GMT
Hi David,

I've had a look through the log you've attached to AMQ-1445 - but I  
think i'll need some more information to successfully resolve whats  
going on. Obviously there's an attempt to retrieve a message that's  
already been deleted -  I just need to find out why ;)

Could I trouble you to try and devise a junit test case to reproduce?

thanks,

Rob
On Oct 5, 2007, at 7:37 AM, David Sitsky wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> I think I spoke too soon.  While using AMQ store fixed the initial  
> issue I was dealing with, it seems to have other issues in my  
> application, where I see the following message before everything  
> hangs:
>
> RecoveryListenerAdapter - Message id ID... could not be recovered  
> from the data store!
>
> I created a JIRA record which contains the detailed debug message  
> logs:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1445
>
> FWIW, JDBC persistence works fine.  Any ideas what might be wrong?
>
> Cheers,
> David
>
> David Sitsky wrote:
>> Hi Rob,
>> Looks like the AMQ store works correctly - thanks for the advice.
>> Cheers,
>> David
>> Rob Davies wrote:
>>> Do you get the same using AMQ store (the default in 5.0) - its  
>>> the prefered store over kaha in ActiveMQ 5.0
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>>
>>> Rob
>>>
>>> http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Oct 3, 2007, at 8:50 AM, David Sitsky wrote:
>>>
>>>> I have discovered an issue with the latest activemq 5.0  
>>>> (revision 581510) which seems to have been present for some  
>>>> time, at least for the last month.
>>>>
>>>> I have an application using transactions, and kaha persistence,  
>>>> and two consumers feeding off a queue.
>>>>
>>>> I sometimes see the same message being sent to two consumers.   
>>>> All transactions were committed (no rollbacks), and as you can  
>>>> see by the debug dump, the message has the same message-ID, but  
>>>> was delivered to two separate consumers, running on separate  
>>>> threads, using sync receives with a prefetch of 0, with separate  
>>>> sessions of course.
>>>>
>>>> Is this a known problem?  It doesn't always happen - seems to be  
>>>> a race condition.  If I turn off persistence, I don't seem to  
>>>> see it.
>>>>
>>>> Here is the message being delivered to consumer 1:
>>>>
>>>> 2007-10-03 17:21:37,310 [Worker  
>>>> 060bacd87f4a40a4867113e2e3e553dd] 85475 DEBUG  
>>>> org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer -  
>>>> ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:3:2 received message:  
>>>> MessageDispatch {commandId = 0, responseRequired = false,  
>>>> consumerId = ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:3:2,  
>>>> destination = queue://worker-items, message =  
>>>> ActiveMQObjectMessage {commandId = 50, responseRequired = false,  
>>>> messageId = ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:3:1,  
>>>> originalDestination = null, originalTransactionId = null,  
>>>> producerId = ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:3,  
>>>> destination = queue://worker-items, transactionId =  
>>>> TX:ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:5, expiration = 0,  
>>>> timestamp = 1191396097286, arrival = 0, brokerInTime =  
>>>> 1191396097290, brokerOutTime = 1191396097303, correlationId =  
>>>> null, replyTo = null, persistent = true, type = null, priority =  
>>>> 4, groupID = null, groupSequence = 0, targetConsumerId = null,  
>>>> compressed = false, userID = null, content =  
>>>> org.apache.activemq.util.ByteSequence@fa8cbc,  
>>>> marshalledProperties = null, dataStructure = null,  
>>>> redeliveryCounter = 0, size = 0, properties = null,  
>>>> readOnlyProperties = true, readOnlyBody = true, droppable =  
>>>> false}, redeliveryCounter = 0}
>>>>
>>>> Here is the same message (check the message ID) being delivered  
>>>> to consumer 2:
>>>>
>>>> 2007-10-03 17:21:37,422 [Worker  
>>>> 2c3169d1726b4781a423a239f65c7bd1] 85587 DEBUG  
>>>> org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer -  
>>>> ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:2 received message:  
>>>> MessageDispatch {commandId = 0, responseRequired = false,  
>>>> consumerId = ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:2,  
>>>> destination = queue://worker-items, message =  
>>>> ActiveMQObjectMessage {commandId = 50, responseRequired = false,  
>>>> messageId = ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:3:1,  
>>>> originalDestination = null, originalTransactionId = null,  
>>>> producerId = ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:1:3,  
>>>> destination = queue://worker-items, transactionId =  
>>>> TX:ID:tamarama-62436-1191396093006-2:2:5, expiration = 0,  
>>>> timestamp = 1191396097286, arrival = 0, brokerInTime =  
>>>> 1191396097290, brokerOutTime = 1191396097417, correlationId =  
>>>> null, replyTo = null, persistent = true, type = null, priority =  
>>>> 4, groupID = null, groupSequence = 0, targetConsumerId = null,  
>>>> compressed = false, userID = null, content =  
>>>> org.apache.activemq.util.ByteSequence@1a881cc,  
>>>> marshalledProperties = null, dataStructure = null,  
>>>> redeliveryCounter = 0, size = 0, properties = null,  
>>>> readOnlyProperties = true, readOnlyBody = true, droppable =  
>>>> false}, redeliveryCounter = 0}
>>>>
>>>> I'll need to do more investigations tomorrow, but if anybody has  
>>>> any ideas, I'd appreciate some insights.
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> Cheers,
>>>> David
>>>>
>>>> Nuix Pty Ltd
>>>> Suite 79, 89 Jones St, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia    Ph: +61 2  
>>>> 9280 0699
>>>> Web: http://www.nuix.com                            Fax: +61 2  
>>>> 9212 6902
>
>
> -- 
> Cheers,
> David
>
> Nuix Pty Ltd
> Suite 79, 89 Jones St, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia    Ph: +61 2 9280  
> 0699
> Web: http://www.nuix.com                            Fax: +61 2 9212  
> 6902


Mime
View raw message