activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PooledConnectionFactory - Spring - Loadbalancing in a network
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 15:46:04 GMT
On 9/6/07, Olivier OTTAVI <olivier.ottavi@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems from my perspective that the PooledConnectionFactory is caching
> only one connection to the network. Since load balancing between nodes is
> done at connection time, using PooledConnectionFactory will not work with
> load balancing. Will this be a problem to have a real pool of jms
> connections ? to preserve load balancing, and use pooling which reduce the
> process of producing messages by a factor 10.

Just out of interest; why are you trying to load balance JMS requests
across JMS brokers for a single JVM? (which generally breaks ordering
of queues)?. Why not have each JVM connect to one broker?  Test load
balancing with multiple client JVMs?

FWIW a single broker can usually handle a few thousand client JVMs; so
the idea of one JVM talking to multiple brokers does seen a tad odd?
Are you sure you're not confusing load balancing of consumers with
that of having mutliple brokers?

--
James
-------