activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deadlock while publishing a message.
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:19:37 GMT
yes - async is true could help -  as its embedded - I'd be interested
in the stack trace of all the threads - so we can work out why this
is happening

cheers,

Rob

http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/

On Sep 12, 2007, at 7:25 AM, Jim Alateras wrote:

> Rob,
> Using the embedded broker but couldn't locate the thread holding
> the lock. The problem is that it is blocking the client thread. If
> i use something like async=true then will the delivery happen in a
> separate thread?
>
> cheers
> </jima>
> Rob Davies wrote:
>> the client is waiting for a response from the broker - what's the
>> broker doing whilst you are doing this ?
>> cheers,
>> Rob
>> 'Go Get Integrated -  ride the Camel! - http://activemq.apache.org/
>> camel/'
>> http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/
>> On Sep 11, 2007, at 11:27 PM, Jim Alateras wrote:
>>> I am using activemq 5.0-SNAPSHOT with a current project and have
>>> just come across a situation where a thread blocks indefinitely
>>> trying to publish a message. It happens during the session commit
>>>
>>> The method ActiveMQDispatcherClient.dispatch is synchronized.
>>>
>>> Here is the stack trace.
>>>
>>> Thread [pool-5-thread-1] (Suspended)       Unsafe.park(boolean,
>>> long) line: not available [native method]       LockSupport.park
>>> () line: 118       AbstractQueuedSynchronizer
>>> $ConditionObject.await() line: 1767
>>> ArrayBlockingQueue<E>.take() line: 341
>>> FutureResponse.getResult() line: 40
>>> ResponseCorrelator.request(Object) line: 76
>>> ActiveMQConnection.syncSendPacket(Command) line: 1168
>>> TransactionContext.commit() line: 259       ActiveMQSession.commit
>>> () line: 491       DefaultEnqueueStrategy<T>.dispatch(Session,
>>> MessageProducer, DispatcherQueue, List<T>) line: 83
>>> ActiveMQDispatcherClient.dispatch(List<T>) line: 195
>>> Hub.dispatchObservations(List<DeviceFieldObservation>) line:
>>> 1004       ZoneFacadeImpl.observationsMade(List) line: 785
>>> DeviceFieldObservationVendorImpl.vendObservations(List) line: