activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which database performs better for persistence
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 04:49:19 GMT
On 9/9/07, Dingwen Yuan <pdvyuan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Does anybody have some experience in selecting the persistence database for
> AMQ? We are going to deploy one that is stable and fast for 24*7
> applications? Which one should we choose? Postgres or MySQL?

Neither one is necessarily inherently faster than the other. It all
comes down the features you will be using in each and whether one
implementation is faster than the other. In the case of ActiveMQ,  the
only thing that might affect performance is the use of BLOBs, but I'm
not 100% sure.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/