activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jim Alateras <j...@comware.com.au>
Subject Strangeness with MemoryPersistenceAdapter
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:00:19 GMT
I seem to have stumbled across a memory leak using an embeded broker
with MemoryPersistenceAdapter. I'm not sure whether it is the culprit
but was wondering whether anyone else has come across a similar issue.

Here is the relevant part of the config.

     <!-- The activemq broker -->
     <bean id="broker" class="org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService">
         <property name="brokerName" value="localhost" />
         <property name="persistenceAdapter" ref="memPersistenceAdaptor"/>
         <property name="deleteAllMessagesOnStartup" value="true" />
     </bean>

     <!-- Memory adaptor -->
     <bean id="memPersistenceAdaptor"
class="org.apache.activemq.store.memory.MemoryPersistenceAdapter">
     </bean>

I am using queues and was wondering whether messages are deleted once
they have been acknowledged?

Using JConsole I can see a heap of advisory topics created, on for each
queue i am using. They are in the form of
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Queue.xxxxxx. What are they used for?  When I
refresh the console i see the enqueue count increase.

cheers
</jima>