activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alex _ <...@ameritech.net>
Subject Re: Daemon process manager
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:29:05 GMT
http://www.plope.com/software/supervisor2/

Roger Hoover <roger.hoover@gmail.com> wrote: We're planning to use ActiveMQ as an asynchronous
messaging layer between
daemon processes written in various languages (connecting to ActiveMQ via
STOMP).  We need a convenient way to launch, shutdown, or restart the
daemons and supervise them (restart them if they die).  We also want to
start multiple copies of daemon process, all listening to the same queue.

Can anyone recommend any free/open-source tools for doing this?  AFAIK, with
Linux init scripts, it always assumes a single daemon process and it may not
automatically restart them if they die.

What are people using to manage daemons?

Thanks,

Roger