activemq-users mailing list archives

From ttmdev <>
Subject Compression
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:45:13 GMT

I am using AMQ 5.0 SNAPSHOT

I am testing compression with Text messages and have set
jms.useCompression=true in my producer's brokerURL.

...and  ((ActiveMQConnection)conn).isUseCompression() always returns 'true'

However, when I turn on debug on the producer side, the 'sending message:'
trace statement shows that the 'compressed' message property is always set
to 'false'.

Should AMQ be compressing all messages produced, or is there a message size
under which it does not compress? I am sending 1k messages.