activemq-users mailing list archives

From aselshamy <aselsh...@hotmail.com>
Subject Out of memory error with durable subscribers
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 14:47:44 GMT

Hi

We have one topic publisher that publish 2M messages with 4 durable
subscribers.  Things go fine till we reached 1.7M we get the
outofmemoryerror.
AMQ is setup to use 5 * 20M log  files, and derbydb jdbc persistence.  It
starts with -Xmx1024M and <usageManager id="memory-manager" limit="512 MB"/>

At the time of the out of memory, one of the log file is gone crazy and it's
size is 415M, derbydb size is so big as well.

We are using session client acknowledgment.  and prefetch size of 1 (we need
to serialize message consumption).

each message is being acknowledged using javax.jms.Message.acknowledge();

did not find anything on how to change checkpoint interval for persistence.

Any thoughts on what could be the issue?