activemq-users mailing list archives

From Ramsub <ramsu...@cisco.com>
Subject Security Issue
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 00:12:40 GMT

Is that activemq intended to be running within an enterprise firewall? My
application is expected to run in a box which will be connected to internet.
In this case, running the broker listening on tcp://localhost is risky
because anyone out in the internet could potentially make DOS kind of
attacks.

Is there a way we can restrict the broker to provide access only to certain
trusted clients( like an ACL)? Or should I rely on the network to provide
such a security.

Would appreciate a response from architects/experts.

Thanks,

-rama